Hedging ShrubsAt Woodhams, we generally have a few trusted favourites that are the stand out choices by garden designers, Architects, house builders and garden maintenance businesses.
The favourite - Prunus Cherry Laurel. The evergreen shrub that can be planted in almost any position in the garden or landscape and usually a perimeter hedging shrub. It can tolerate almost any condition...find out more.Photinia Red Robin. Another evergreen shrub used for screening. Find out more...
The Yew Tree - The king of hedges, known as the superior hedge, a sophisticated slow growing evergreen hedge.
Besides those shrubs there are a number of other shrubs that we stock and store which give structure and colour in the garden. We can source any of these.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss any of the hedging shrubs.
Our Top Hedging ShrubsClick Below to Find out More
Cherry Laurel Hedge SupplierWhat’s Included
Photinia Red RobinWhat’s Included
Yew Hedging SuppliersWhat’s Included
Quality GuaranteedIf you need another type of hedging species, please contact us through telephone or email and let us know what you are looking for.
Other Hedging Laurel
English Cherry Laurel maybe our most popular Laurel for hedging, we can source an alternative. We recommend Laurel Caucasica, very similar to Cherry Laurel but the leaves are smaller.
Other types of laurel Prunus Lusitanca (Portuguese Laurel), Acuba (Spotted/Japanese Laurel), Laurel Etna, Otto Luyken (Compact Laurel) and Prunus Nobilis (Bay Laurel). All of these Laurel hedging types are available to buy so contact us for prices.
- Bay Laurel (Laurus nobilis). The Bay tree is an excellent evergreen for hedging or topiary and is the same plant that yields the aromatic bay leaves used in the kitchen.
- Common Laurel (or Cherry Laurel) is the most popular and fastest-growing variety, it has beautiful big glossy evergreen leaves and is a great choice for all types of evergreen hedging and is available from us in a very wide range of sizes including bare root and root ball hedge plants as well as instant hedging.
- Caucasica Laurel is similar to Common Laurel and grows at least as fast but with slightly more upright growth and narrower leaves. It is particularly tough and hardy, ideal for all types of evergreen hedging.
- Etna Laurel is a very bushy variety of Common Laurel that covers particularly well, especially in more difficult situations such as shade.
- Portuguese Laurel is a particularly attractive variety that has smaller glossy deep green leaves and rich purple-red stems, it is the hardiest variety of Laurel hedging that we supply.
- Compact Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus ‘Otto Luyken’) is an excellent smaller variety of Cherry Laurel that is ideal for Laurel hedges up to 1 metre in height.
- The Spotted Laurel (Aucuba japonica ‘Variegata’) is in fact from a different plant family but has similar large evergreen leaves that are splashed with yellow and makes an excellent low maintenance hedge.
We can source these hedging as well as other plants and we are price competitive so please don’t hesitate in getting in touch